**NEW AND EXCITING OPPORTUNITY**
WE ARE LOOKING FOR
2 EARLY CAREER COMMITTEE MEMBERS
Aimed at band 5/6 nurses working on any part of the stroke pathway
· Funding for training
· Place on the committee
· UKSF abstract submission
Email applications to: NSNFEnquiries@uclan.ac.uk
Closing date: 1st June 2023
Early Career Committee Member (x2)
As part of the new NSNF 5-year Strategy we aim to support and nurture the future nurse leaders of our country. In line with this we propose 2 new steering committee posts for early career members. As they are development posts the terms of service would be different to general steering committee members.
The Role Holder:
- Will be recognised as a committee member with voting power and must adhere to the roles and responsibilities for NSNF committee members.
- Hold the post for 3 years in a developmental role.
o If promotion achieved within that time they can become a normal committee member, if not they would need to step off the committee after the 3 years, allowing for a rolling opportunity for other members to apply.
- Receive funds of approx. £250 will be allocated towards development / training courses. These can be either stoke specific or leadership based courses. Successful candidates will need to fund the courses then claim the cost back via the treasurer.
- Receive mentoring support and guidance from the committee
- Be exposed to national level opportunities.
- Be supported to submit a poster abstract and take part in the UKSF.
- Have access to networking opportunities.
- Band 5 / 6 registered nurse working clinically within stroke care on any part of the stroke pathway
- Need to be a member of NSNF.
- Need the support of their line manager and have a signed study release form
- Agree to sign a contract for funding of training
- Applications will be submitted in the form of a short expression of interest which will include:
o Where they work and background
o Rationale for wanting to do it
o What their aims and objectives are
o Future aspirations
o Impact on career (current and future)
All applications will be reviewed by the NSNF committee and the decision made by vote.