Welsh Stroke Nurse Forum
Welcome to the Welsh Stroke Nurse Forum (WSNF)
The WSNF has been established to:
• Build a nationally recognised professional body for stroke nursing in Wales, promoting the values and understanding of the various nursing roles involved in stroke care.
• Promote the development of career pathways for nurses in the field of stroke in Wales.
• Provide authoritative clinical nursing advice on national clinical standards, best practice and research for stroke in Wales.
• Promote leadership, communication, advocacy, education and nursing research in the field of stroke.
• Develop and disseminate information, best practice and evidence based standards for stroke nursing in Wales.
• Act as a platform to express the collective views and experiences of members.
The WSNF is led by a steering committee. The steering committee aims to be representative of each Health Board in Wales and all aspects of stroke nursing.Steering committee members include staff nurses, stroke unit managers, research nurses and specialist nurses. The steering committee meets three times a year, of which one meeting is an Annual General Meeting (AGM) open to all stroke nurses in Wales. Our next AGM is will be held at the Welsh Stroke Conference in 2017.
If you would like to find out more about joining the steering committee or have any Stroke news that you would like to share please contact Claire West, Chair WSNF.
The WSNF are friends of the Stroke Hub Wales. For further information and links to their website please follow this link: Stroke Hub Wales
Upcoming events in Wales
Welsh Stroke Conference, Cardiff
03.07.18 — 04.07.18
The Welsh Stroke Conference is one of the biggest multidisciplinary events in Wales and is a significant fixture in the educational calendar for Stroke in the UK. It is organised on behalf of the Welsh Association of Stroke Physicians and the Welsh Stroke Alliance and is now in its 17th year. It has been hugely successful going from strength to strength each year and attracting a high number of medical and multidisciplinary delegates from Wales, home nations and international.Website
13th UK Stroke Forum Conference, Telford
04.12.18 — 06.12.18
UK stroke forum is a coalition of over 30 organisations committed to improving stroke care in the UK. The Forum is an opportunity for all professionals and researchers working in stroke to come together to share ideas, learn from one another with an aim to improve standards of care for stroke survivors. This conference a truly multidisciplinary conference with a wide range of topics across the stroke pathway. Interested in submitting a poster or presentation for the next conference? The NSNF team can help support you through the process. Email email@example.com or one of the committee members directly, and we would be delighted to help.Website